Posted my second Lit story, after almost two years. I did write a bit once in a while between the time I posted the first one and now, but always a paragraph here, a sentence there. I also always get stuck on the sex part, strange as it sounds. I don't actually have much sexual experience outside vanilla stuff (yet!), and the perfectionist part of me just kept sneering at what I've written. Besides, what has gotten me going was always the erotic scenario, everything leading up to the sex. But of course, I can't just go "and then they had sex" or some rubbish like that. Being a long-time reader, I know how frustrating it is to be swept along by a great set-up that leads to a mediocre or rushed sex scene.
But anyway, second story. It's an incest one this time, the premise also vaguely inspired by real life. It's quite a revelation how much more popular this story is. The story's only been online for about a day, and it's already got more readers as my old one did in a year and a half, and more than seven times the amount of votes. Granted, the writing is a little better this time round (if I do say so myself) - I can't even bring myself to re-read 'Extracurriculars' any more - but the difference is kind of staggering. I guess the Incest/Taboo category just gets more traffic.
Also, this is the eighteenth story called 'Laundry Day'! A bunch of 'em were even in the same category. That's more than a little humbling.
No comments:
Post a Comment